UMP is inviting students to participate in an international Video contest
UMP students Grab your cameras and get to work
Deadline to participate November 13, 2022.
The university of Osaka is organizing a video contest on how contribute to solving social issues and help achieve SDGs.
This video contest may become your first step in taking an action and making a difference in your locality, community, society, and the world by sharing your ideas from wherever you are.
- Share your ideas about how you can make a difference in your locality, community, society, and the world from the perspectives of the SDGs—in a 3-minute-video!
- Engage in a dialogue with other students from all around the world with contest winners at the “Student Forum 2022”!
- Let’s act proactively to achieve the SDGs—together, we can construct a better future!
GRAND PRIZE: 100,000 JPY
“Best Idea (SDGs) Prize”
“Best Production Prize”
Nomination awards and more
· Osaka University Certificate for all video entries
· The shortlisted videos will be screened at the Awards Ceremony and the Student Forum.
Tips for Submission
- What can you do to help solve issues facing your localities, communities, society and the world? How can you contribute as a member of society?
- Focus on a social issue that your community (university, city, region, etc.) faces related to the SDGs, and try to provide at least one recommendation or innovative solution through your video.
- Decide how to deliver your ideas, project, creations! We welcome any creative ways to present your ideas, including presentations, animations, or other forms, for example, that incorporate original songs, dances, poems, or plays. You can also exhibit projects that you developed, such as tools, robots, or software.
- We look forward to seeing many inspiring videos that capture the originality, creativity and social impact of your proposal.
Length: Up to 3 minutes
Language: You can submit in English, Japanese, or your native languages.
(For languages other than Japanese or English, please make sure to add English subtitles.)
File size: Up to 400MB
Quality: High-quality video is encouraged (The video quality can range from 4K to lower, including videos made on smartphones).
Format: .mp4, .mov
How to Submit Your Work
Step 1: Please fill out the entry form by November 13, 2022.
Step 2: (optional): Attend an “online session” to ask questions and learn more about this contest.
Step 3: Please upload the following files to the link that we will send you to your registered email* by November 16:
- Your video file
- A word document containing:
- Video title
- Video’s content description (100 words in English or 200 words in Japanese)
- Full names and profiles of all members (university name, department, grade, and nationality)
- The group representative’s contact information (email address, postal address)
- A photo thumbnail from your video (16:9 size recommended)
*Note: Once you register in the entry form by November 13, we will send you an invitation link asking you to upload your video and supporting documents. Please make sure to enter your email correctly in the entry form. Once you receive the link, please upload all your documents in the above order and submit us. We will confirm the receipt of your materials by email. Therefore, if you do not receive any confirmation email, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Mid~Late November: Preliminary screening and selection of videos (at Osaka University)
- Early December: Feature shortlisted videos on Video Contest pages:
(Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/OUSDGsExchange, and
Weibo page https://weibo.com/uosaka)
- Early December: Final selection by external judges
- December 16, 2022: Awards Ceremony and Student Forum (online)